From: Mateo Torrealto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 4:45 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Challenge: Get the J2EE reference examples on Orion

Challenge:

    Get the J2EE reference implementation examples
    to work on Orion.

I tried to get the examples out the examples at
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/J2EE/Intro/index.html#contents
with Orion.

I failed. (so far)

These examples are from Sun and are for the reference
implementation of J2EE.

I am able to get the samples to work on the reference
implementation, but not for Orion. :o(

Has anyone else try to "port" these samples to Orion?
It should be really easy. Orion is compliant. What is
the easiest way to deploy the ear files from these
samples?

(This is good because the ear files are valid and
tested. And the example is explained well.)

I did this because I've been having troubles.
I went through the Orion primer. No Problem.
I tried to port some custom beans to Orion. Problems!
I figured there was something I did wrong in the
web.xml file, server.xml or something so I would try
some really well formed beans and servlets. If I can't
get the beans from the reference implementation
running, then....

So now I figure if someone has already got the samples
for the reference implementation to run in Orion, then
I am all set. (If they tell me what they did to get
them running.)

Conversely, I could tell you what I did that did not
work.

If not, I will keep plugging along.

I have has some luck deploying servlets, etc. to Orion
with lots of help.

I don't think there is a problem with the Orion
documentation. But, I am having a hard time with the
server.xml and default web site.xml. I know my web.xml
and such are configured correctly because they work in
the reference.

I think having tutorial on how to port the reference
samples from J2ee reference to Orion would be a huge
boom for Orion newbies and ultimately to Orion.

If someone could help me out, I will do a right up on
how is is done and post the link.