What sort of exception is being thrown?

If it is an "Application Exception", the container is not supposed to automatically rollback the transaction (see EJB 1.1 spec, section 12.1.2 ).  In order to rollback, call EJBContext.setRollbackOnly().

If its a System level exception (like an SQL Exception that is NOT an Application Exception), the transaction should rollback automatically.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Andreas Reckmann wrote:

Hi,

i try to run orion with container-managed-transactions.
I set the isolation-level in orion-ejb-jar.xml to
"seralizable". I set in the ejb-jar.xml-File (for the involved methods) the
transaction-attribute to "Required". From a Session bean
I call some create-methods. The create-methods themself call a create-method
from another bean. All database-access-functions are implemented by
Stored-Procedures and auto-increment by triggers.

If an exception occurs the database-operations don't rollback.

Can someone help me!!!

I use Orion 1.3.8 and Oracle 8i.
I use as datasource-class (in data-sources.xml)
com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource and the ejb-location for
Bean-Connection.

Thanks
   Andreas

--