James Ho wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Can anyone pls tell me, is there any searching criteria for RDBMS for
> use with EJB/Orion and why?  Is transactions support necessarily for
> CMPs?

No transaction support is not necessary. However if you use a RDBMS
without transactions, your EJB application will not support
transactions.

If you're looking for a db that has transactions and is free, i'd
recomend Sybase 11.3. It's free on Linux.

sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]