Hi,

Is there any way to influence orion's way of handling memory consumption? I
have a production installation that frequently crashes with
java.lang.OutOfMemoryErrors although I've set the jvm to -Xmx400m.
Resources never seem to be freed. This sounds similar to the problems
someone else reported a short while ago. I'm also doing massive batch
updates using CMP. It could be an explanation that entity beans are never
cleared from the cache. I'm reluctant to putting in code that looks up
internal orion objects to flush the cache. What I need is a config option
for that (cache parameters, can't be hard to implement).

Anyone knows a solution to this dilemma? As it is now, orion frequently
crashes and the bad thing is, that in contrast to real vm crashes the
supervise tool we use to supervise and restart orion doesn't detect this,
which resulted in several very awkward situations.

Thanks,

Robert
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de