From: Greg Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 14 december 2000 08:30
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: NoSuchMethodException

Dear all,

I've build an ejb jar, deployed it, and then tried to call one of the methods in one of the stateless session beans.

It doesn't work.

I can get a reference to the stateless session bean but can't work out why i can compile client code to call an ejb method, but then get a NoSuchMethodException when i try to run it.

The line below is from a System.out.println call, showing that i've got a remote object reference.

testing server = TestingServer stateless session

com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException: Invocation error: java.lang.NoSuch
MethodException
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.invokeMethod(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a4.invoke(JAX)
        at __Proxy1.initialise(Unknown Source)
        at com.traveltech.data.OrionClient.<init>(OrionClient.java:27)
        at com.traveltech.data.OrionClient.main(OrionClient.java:37)

        Nested exception is:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.invokeMethod(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a4.invoke(JAX)
        at __Proxy1.initialise(Unknown Source)
        at com.traveltech.data.OrionClient.<init>(OrionClient.java:27)
        at com.traveltech.data.OrionClient.main(OrionClient.java:37)

Does anyone have any clues as to why I can't call a method in a object that I have a reference to? The method is there since doing a javap shows the method, and my client code compiles ok.

Thanks,
Greg.