>I have it running on a 4ip host where each interface (ip) is a
>different web site which is what I think you want to do right?

Currently I have a 4ip host....for argument sake:
IP 1 - apache bound to port 80
IP 2&3 - orion bound to port 80 (unfortunately as root...why I'm trying all this)...up
and doing BUSINESS
IP 4 - orion bound to 10080...it is responding to http://ip:10080 and local 'telnet
IP#4 10080'  (i wanted this just for now, I will add more security when I get working)

>The problem I ran into is that if I configured each site to only >listen on the
>relevant interface (port= in web-site tag) it didn't
>work.  I had to say port="[ALL]".  So I gave each site (interface) a
>different port > 1024 and did the ipchains for each, just as you
>have done.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but we are getting somewhere...I got orion to
bind to port 10080...I have it in 2 places default-web-site.xml and mysite.xml.  both
with hardcoded IP and port.  It is responding as that ip/port and not conflicting with
other apache and orion.  I've never heard of port="[ALL]".....sounds pretty scary to
me.  it binds to all ports? What do you have in default vs. your virtual hosts?

>I also hadded a virutal-hosts entry and a frontend tag in the web
>site xml for each site - both were important but I can't remember
>what failed if you didn't include them.

I have been frustrated with this for almost a month....I actually signed a contract
with RedHat for server support....If orion is responding to port 10080...I would think
orion's part should be done.....what do you think?  I will let you know what Red Hat
comes up with...and see if this so called services model is any good. I think the new
kernel has better built in port forwarding...it would be a lot easier it seems if the
firewall and server were on seperate machines....ipchains/ip-masq were not built for
local redirection..there are some hacks I can do, but I don't want to use software on
my server that is installed on less than 1000 servers in the whole universe....

David