Yup we ran up against this last week, and we changed the layout from 4
nested to 3 and it's just fine that way.  It seems the folks at netscape
didn't think anyone would nest 4 tables or something.  IE and N6 are much
faster at it indeed.  That's not the issue that was causing the slowness
though, it is an issure with the fact that N4.7x simply is not good about
sharing threads and processes... feels like it makes the whole windows box
single threaded.

At 02:58 PM 2/9/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>One thing netscape is very very slow at is when it has to render nested
>tables.. i had a page with 4 level nested tables & with netscape it was a
>metter of second before the rendering was done; i switched to a single table
>& the performing was almost acceptable (anyway far slower than ie).
>
>This was wit ns 4.X, with ns 6 they have speed it up a little(but still much
>slower than ie).
>Marco

Robert S. Sfeir
Director of Software Development