Hi,

I have an application with 2 jsps, the first, using a form gathers user data and the second then checks it. The second is the action="" of the first.

I have a session bean which is used in the second jsp with the setProperty property="*" function to pick up the request parameters from the first jsp.

So far so good. The problem arises when I which to return to the first jsp if the user data is not correct. The fields should be pre-populated. So I include the jsp:useBean statement again in the first jsp. Using the id.getXXXX() calls I pre-populate the fields.

The effect of this, is that when I then submit the form to the second jsp, the setXXXX() property methods are not called, it's as if they don't exist. Take out the useBean from the first jsp and everyting is fine. Put it back in and no setXXXX proprties called.

Help ...................................

Regards

/Dominic

begin:vcard
n:Hanlan;Dominic