I would be interested in an opinion by someone who has actually used orion
for a while about pros and cons of those two. The price and supported
standards do make it sound interesting although I'm always a bit worried
when I see this deployment wizard stuff. That's only interesting for
educational use IMHO and I hope they haven't neglected a rock solid logical
deployment concept (one of orion's key strengths if you ask me).

anyone out there who's tested or better worked with both?

regards,

robert

At 09:10 14.02.2001 , you wrote:
>I have read the announcement at www.theserverside.com about the ewave
>server for only $595 per CPU.  The company marketing it has a good
>marketing and capital engine behind them, so I wonder how this will effect
>Orion?  It is very interesting that there are over thirty vendors offering
>some flavor of J2EE technology, anywhere from the high priced servers like
>Weblogic to the open source servers like Jboss.  Yet this industry is
>supposed to be around $2 billion now and projected to be $12 billion in
>two years.  This means there is a market for all the "good" products, and
>the consumer and developer will become the clear winners.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de