I'm trying to get Orion to work on a stand-alone machine without a network
connection except for dial-up access.  Every time I start orion it tries to
connect using the dial-up networking.  If I cancel it, it will start, but it
takes about 5 minutes.  If I'm already on-line, start-up only takes about 20
seconds.

This is on a Windows 95 machine.  There's nothing in the archives or FAQ
about this problem.

Any idea why orion needs a network connection and takes so long if it
doesn't get one?  How can I get it to start in 20 seconds without dialing up
each time?

Thanks in advance,

Scott