I am trying to setup my own web-site.xml for my app instead of using
orion/config/default-web-site.xml

However I am having a few problems

In default-web-site.xml I have the following line for my web app

<web-app application="boris" name="boris-web" root="/boris"
load-on-startup="true"/>

so when i enter http:/localhost/boris my web app appears

However when I remove the above line from default-web-site.xml and, create
my own web-site.xml as follows and point to it in server.xml...

<web-site host="[ALL]" port="80" display-name="boris">
        <default-web-app application="boris" name="boris-web" root="/boris"
load-on-startup="true" />
        <access-log path="../log/default-web-access.log" />
</web-site>

...although the web app starts fine I cant work out what URL pattern to
enter to get it to work
If I enter http:/localhost/boris my web app cant be found.

Is there some difference between a web-app and a default-web-app that is
causing this?