As a Principal Architect, for me time to market, sky
rocking performance and ease of development were good
enough to investigate and invest 2 of my developers
and myself for 3 days.

After our research and due dilligence (lack of doc so
we learned the hard way !) All the feature we needed
are there and they work fine. We were left with
Weblogic and Orion on our short list as the only
ejb2.0 compliant appserver in the industry.

Orion hasn't got the impressive references BEA comes
up with in production yet Orion doesn't come up with
the assle one has to deal with when facing the sales
force of BEA and they famous and unrealistic node
locking licenses. Websphere, ATGDynamo, IPlanet and
some others were long gone in phase 2 of our testing
!!!

The results of the above gave us the ultimate winner
across all division of my present company - ORION
:-)) my CFO was the most shiny and happy looking !!!
CTO and VP of R&D gave us the bottoms up to roll
development on this server. This left BEA and VITRIA
with they sucky BusinessWare product arguing our
competences and technical abilities...

Dr Denis Eric Despinoy
Principal Architect

PS: thank u to the list while transitionning to
orion...