> The list actually has a "fool filter" which takes an
        > unsubscribe messages sent to the full list instead of
        > the admin account and unsubscribes the user.  However,
        > people seem to have trouble spelling "unsubscribe".

Nice. Maybe there should be a fool test for people when they try to
initially subscribe to the list... :-)

One thing that most lists do is just send a monthly posting to the list
giving an overview of the commands supported by the list software, how to
unsubscribe, what content is acceptable and what isn't etc.
(I haven't been on the Orion list long enough to see whether that happens
here or not!)

I don't remember seeing any people having unsubscribe problems on those list
over the last few months (maybe the fools are just of slightly higher
quality though :)

        > The old adage, "build a foolproof system and someone
        > will build a better fool" comes to mind. :)

:-)
that's brilliant!

        > What I usually see on other lists is a trailer attached
        > to every message sent out with instructions and/or link
        > to unsubscribing from the list.  Most email list software
        > supports appending a trailer message to all messages.

hmm, personally I don't like that - that's a lot of extra traffic overhead
for every message sent out by the list software.

cheers

Jules