I implemented my user manager based on the Orion api javadocs, and the
DataSourceUserManager article on orionserver.com.  So basically, what I did
is this:

- Implement the "com.evermind.security.UserManager" interface.  (I don't
remember why I did that instead of subclassing the AbstractUserManager.)
- Implement the "com.evermind.security.Group" and
"com.evermind.security.User" interfaces.
- Specify my user manager class in "orion-application.xml" with the
"user-manager" tag.  I used the "property" tag in a similar way to
DataSourceUserManager, to specify my data source, table names, and field
names.

To make sure I was on the right track, I first implemented everything as a
skeleton, with console output at each method.  Then I added the database
methods and wired up a minimal set of methods (you don't have to implement
them all.)

You can use the orionconsole tool to help test your user manager...  If you
have properly deployed your user manager, orion console will try to use it.
(As of Orion 1.4.5, DatasourceUserManager didn't seem to have enough
functionality implemented to work properly in the orionconsole.  I don't
know about 1.5.2.)

Alternatively, I suppose you could decompile and fix the
DataSourceUserManager!

Mike