Try taking out the http://

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Arun K
Viswanathan
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2001 6:47 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Apache NameVirtualHost and Orion with reverse proxying

I am trying setup Apache as the front-end to Orion as described at
OrionSupport.com
(http://www.orionsupport.com/articles/apachefrontend.html). Since I want
to use name based virtual hosting, I am using the NameVirtualHost
directive of Apache. Apache is listening on port 80 and Orion on 8080.

In httpd.conf, I have:
LoadModule proxy_module ...
NameVirtualHost aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd    # IP address of my server
<VirtualHost aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd>
    ServerName orion.mydomain.com
    <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        ProxyVia On
        ProxyPass / http://mydomain.com:8080
        ProxyPassReverse / http://mydomain.com:8080
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

With this configuration, if I access http://mydomain.com:8080, Orion is
up and running and all the default JSP examples work fine
(http://mydomain.com:8080/examples/jsp)

When I access http://orion.mydomain.com, the default Orion page comes up
without any problem. But I can no longer access the JSPs
http://orion.mydomain.com/examples/jsp give me a "400 Bad Request" page
"Bad Request: Your browser sent a request that this server could not
understand". I'm not sure if this is a browser issue since this failed
with both NS and IE.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks!
Arun