Hi,

I wanted to port a (running) application from tomcat to orion. It seems
my coding is not proper/portable.

In my war-archive included (in WEB-INF subdirectory) are several
text config files (yes I know JNDI is a better way -but its lowest common
functionality) - and these files I want to access in my servlet code.

Following servlet code does not find these files running in orion while
working fine with tomcat 3.2.

For a beginner: whats the correct way to load such files ?

--------------------------------

package de.adig.vbh.wc.controller;
public class UIMain extends HttpServlet {
            file1 = getServletContext().getResource("WEB-INF/log4j.xml");

            file2 =
getServletContext().getResource("WEB-INF/wc-config.xml");

--------------------------------

==> both files are null in orion, but found in tomcat.

files are in dir WEB-INF/ that is in a war-archive that is in an
ear-archive.
they got successfully unpacked by orion and can be seen in orionconsole

Manfred Regele
ADIG Investment GmbH
22 Methoden&Tools
Richard-Reitzner-Allee 2