I assume you backed it up before you started deleting some files.
Restore from your backup.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, June 26, 2001 9:43 AM
To:     Orion-Interest
Subject:        MS SQL 7.0

Hi all:

This question is not specifically related to orion but I'm hoping that one
of you might be able to assist me in solving a critical problem.  Our
system uses a MSSQL database for security validation and user login.
Yesterday we found that the LDF grew to 256 mega-bytes and filled up the
hard drive of the server.  A decision was made to delete the LDF in the
hope that MSSQL would recreate the LDF and begin writing to it again.
Unfortunately this did not work so they attempted to copy the same LDF
back.  Now, the server won't start because it has labled our database as
suspect.  Is there anyway to solve this?  Please write back to me if anyone
has any ideas.

Thank You Sincerely,
Andrew Papada
IDSS