Hi Ivan,

I connect to cloudscape using rmi-jdbc bridge. To get started you need to do
the following:

1. Setup datasources.xml
2. Put RmiJdbc.jar to the %ORION-DIR%/lib folder
3. Use cloudscape connection by obtaining the javax.sql.DataSource from
JNDI.

1. Put into the datasources.xml the following:

 <data-source
  class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
  name="Cloudscape"
  location="jdbc/CloudscapeCoreDS"
  xa-location="jdbc/xa/CloudscapeXADS"
  ejb-location="jdbc/CloudscapeOgaDS"
  connection-driver="RmiJdbc.RJDriver"
  username="user_name"
  password="secret_password"
  url="jdbc:rmi://host:port/jdbc:cloudscape:dbName"
  inactivity-timeout="30"
 />

2. Seems to be self-expalnatory: RmiJdbc.jar must be in the orion's
classpath, so put it to the %ORION-DIR%/lib folder.

3. to obtain the java.sql.Connection, do something like:

import java.sql.*;

import javax.sql.*;
import javax.naming.*;

DataSource dataSource = ( DataSource ) new
nitialContext().lookup( "java:comp/env/jdbc/CloudscapeCoreDS" );
Connection connection = dataSource.getConnection();

HTH,
Sergei.