> Greg,
>
> The orion team doesn't ordinarily moniter the orion-interest list. I have
> contacted them by email directly under our license contract, and Karl
noted
> the configuration for ssl in the load-balancer.xml. However, I haven't
heard
> from him after several direct emails. I think they are a little busy now.
> An email from Karl is included below.
>
> It might be a configuration error, but the ssl-config tag is exactly the
> same as the tag used in the web-site.xml, so I don't think that is the
> issue. When I used openssl s_client to check what was going on, it appears
> to blow-up in the handshake step.
>
> Regards,
>
> the elephantwalker

Thanks for the info. BTW, I looked on bugzilla, and this bug is not assigned
to a developer yet (if that means anything at all), though it seems to be a
show stopper (from my point of view.)

> .ps I think many people use apache reverse-proxy server and/or hardware
> loadbalancers to do this. There doesn't seem to be much interest in using
an
> orion ssl loadbalancer solution, or there would have been more response to
> this email trail. Sun's crypto solution is notoriously slow, so this could
> be why people aren't very interested in this.

Is it possible to use "apache reverse-proxy server and/or hardware
loadbalancers" and still make use of clustering (ssl or not)? I personally
am not attached to orion's loadballancer. I simply did not find another way
to achieve HTTP state replication. If you know of another way, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Greg.