Ian,

If you are a member of Oracle's technet, you can find the the meaning of
the error (ORA-00600) here:
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a67785/e0.htm#1002520

I have attached the text in case you are not a member.

This appears to be an Oracle internal error, so you should contact
Oracle regarding this.

Regarding Tru64 - Orion will run on any platform with a JVM (a great
example of Java's portability).

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott Farquhar :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Atlassian :: http://www.atlassian.com
      Supporting YOUR J2EE World

The elephantwalker wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Make sure that you are closing your connections properly. eg:
>
>  try {
>
>        // open connection
>
>   }  catch ()  {
>
>    // do something
>
>   } finally {
>
>      try {
>
>        // close connections
>
>      } catch () {
>
>         // do something
>
>     }
>
> }
>
> This could be your problem. The try/catch/finally block MUST be used with
> Oracle...or you will run out of process resources as exceptions occur.
>
> You can check if the connections are being closed properly with a debug
> property:
>
> java -Djdbc.connection.debug=true -jar orion.jar
>
> This will remote where you are not closing your connections.
>
> Regards,
>
> the elephantwalker
> www.elephantwalker.com

ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string], [string], [string], [string],
[string], [string], [string], [string]

    Cause: This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program exceptions. It
indicates that a process has encountered a low-level, unexpected condition. Causes of
this message include:

        * timeouts

        * file corruption

        * failed data checks in memory

        * hardware, memory, or I/O errors

        * incorrectly restored files

    The first argument is the internal message number. Other arguments are various
numbers, names, and character strings. The numbers may change meanings between
different versions of Oracle.

    Action: Report this error to Oracle Customer Support after gathering the following
information:

        * events that led up to the error

        * the operations that were attempted that led to the error

        * the conditions of the operating system and databases at the time of the error

        * any unusual circumstances that occurred before receiving the ORA-00600
message

        * contents of any trace files generated by the error

        * the relevant portions of the Alter files

    Note: The cause of this message may manifest itself as different errors at
different times. Be aware of the history of errors that occurred before this internal
error.