Hi

If I have an HTML file and I wanted to find all occurances of the german word
"madchen" --- where "a" in "madchen" is the german character "a-umlaut" eg. 'a' with 2
circles on top of it)  then I can use OROMatcher to find it easily.

The problem is in German the character a-umlaut can also be represented as "ae".

So, ideally I'd like oromatcher to find all occurances of "madchen" with the
"a-umlaut" AND find all occurances of "maechen".

The java.text.Collator is designed to handle internationalization cases like this and
would know that "madchen" with the "a-umlaut" is equal to "maechen".  But Collator
only offers a compare(String1, String2) method.  I'd rather not compare every single
word in the html file with "madchen".

Is there a common way to get the benefits of OroMatcher in scanning a file for a
paticular match AND have it know that given a locale, certain characters or equal to
others (like the java.text.Collator)?

Thanks
Albert