  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Cook
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 2:20 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] OSG Performance Issues

Hi, I'm back to whine about my performance issues in OpenSceneGraph.  Look
at this main loop:

while( !viewer.done() && !timeToDie)
{
//*** SLOW CODE ***
osg::Vec3Array *vecs = dynamic_cast<osg::Vec3Array*>
(geom->getVertexArray());
if( vecs ) {
for(int i=0; i<test_load_resolution; i++ ){
for(int j=0; j<test_load_resolution; j++ ) {
float left = unit_size*i;
float right = unit_size*(i+1);
float bottom = unit_size*j;
float top = unit_size*(j+1);
int quadIndex = (i*4*test_load_resolution) + (j*4);
vecs->at(quadIndex+0).set(left, bottom, 0.0);
vecs->at(quadIndex+1).set(right, bottom, 0.0);
vecs->at(quadIndex+2).set(right, top, 0.0);
vecs->at(quadIndex+3).set(left, top, 0.0);
}
}
}
//^^^ SLOW CODE ^^^^
viewer.sync();
viewer.update();
viewer.frame();
}

When I comment out "SLOW CODE" my framerate is a few hundred frames a
second.  But when I uncomment "SLOW CODE" my frame rate won't go above
20fps.  I need dynamic vertices in my application - how do I acheive this
with OpenSceneGraph?

Thanks folks!

-Shawn

  _____

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook - together at last. Get it
now!
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?pid=CL1006269
71033>