Hi Clement,

On 14 May 2012 17:47,  <clement....@csiro.au> wrote:
>   I am not new in programming but I am new in doing 3D work.  I tried to
> generate a hugh colour map as 65535 colours and assign into
> osg::TransferFunction1D::ColorMap, but the colour display is not much better
> than I don't create colour map.  I am thinking how osg to generate default
> colour map.

I can't understand why you'd want to create a 65535 colour map for
volume rendering.  For volume rendering you typically either have
intensity data that you want to map to greyscale or a RGBA colour
using a transfer function, or you directly use RGBA.  When mapping
intensity data to RGBA you should never need a 655535 colour map.

The fact you are trying suggests you a confused about how you want to
achieve something, but unless you say what you are actually wanting to
achieve rather than saying how you trying to achieve something
unspecified, and trying to achieve it what looks to be a inappropriate
way.

Might I suggest you spend some time doing some background reading on
OpenGL, volume rendering techniques like ray casting.  You can't
really expect the community to teach you how to program 3D graphics as
well as the OSG API - this community is focused on the OSG API and
what to do with it, we can help a bit with general learning but there
is limit to how much time we can spend teach people the basics.