Hi Hannes,

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:55:55PM +0200, Hannes Lau wrote:

> > [...]
> >PS: Use $OTRS_HOME/bin/Cron.sh {start|stop|restart} (as OTRS user) to
> >start/stop this cronjobs from var/cron/*. The SuSE and Red Hat rc-script
> >is doing this automatically.
> >
> I did that, but the probelm wasn't solved. I fixed a Syntax Error in my
> additions and the problem wasn't solved.
>
> server:/opt/OpenTRS$ bin/UnlockTickets.pl --timeout
>
> returns
>
> UnlockTickets.pl <Revision 1.4> - unlock tickets
> Copyright (c) 2002 Martin Edenhofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Unlock old tickets:
>        (in cleanup) Can't call method "disconnect" on an undefined
> value at /opt/OpenTRS/bin/..//Kernel/System/DB.pm line 93 during global
> destruction.

Update Kernel/System/DB.pm (
http://otrs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/otrs/Kernel/System/DB.pm?rev=1.19&content-type=text/plain
 ) and this message should go.

> and no tickets are unlocked. Perhaps I've got a problem escaping the @
> in the history-entry but i don't see this blocking the whole unlock
> process.
>
> [...]
> HistoryComment => "Sent lock timeout notification to
> '$UserData{UserEmail}','info\@domainname.com'.",
> [...]

This looks fine.

> Is there any other way of debugging? Could i send the return of cronjobs
> call to a file? Perhaps by replacing
>
> >> /dev/null
>
> Is there a way to check if the crownjobs are run properly?

For debugging execute the cronjobs in the shell (without >> /dev/null). For
UnlockTickets.pl debugging use "server:/opt/OpenTRS$ bin/UnlockTickets.pl --all".
If there is one locked ticket, it should be unlocked after this.

[...]
[00:52:48 martin@cuba]:~/src/otrs >bin/UnlockTickets.pl --all
UnlockTickets.pl <Revision 1.6> - unlock tickets
Copyright (c) 2002 Martin Edenhofer <martin otrs.org>
 Unlock all tickets:
 Unlocking ticket id 1000015 ... done.
[...]

To check if the cronjobs are running have a look into the log file where your
crond logs the events (e. g. /var/log/messages).

[...]
Oct  2 00:00:00 cuba /USR/SBIN/CRON[3912]: (otrs) CMD ($HOME/bin/UnlockTickets.pl
--timeout >> /dev/null)
[...]

PS: You can change the email address for the cronjobs in var/cron/aaa_base. If one
cronjobs writes to STDERR this email address gets the error message (just errors!).

If you remove ">> /dev/null" this email address gets the whole output of the
cronjobs (useful for debugging).

> Greetings
> Hannes Lau

  Martin