Anyone got OTRS (RC2 or RC1) working under RH8 ?

The standard installation of rpm using INSTALL.Redhat instructions fails in several points:

-          rpm install fails because of dependencies check, although all the software needed is already installed by RH8 full install (perl, apache, mysqlclient10, etc):  temporary FIX:  rpm –i --nodeps

-          RH8 uses apache 2, so I manually edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf  and changed “Include /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-httpd.include.conf”

-          Installer.pl fails because Kernel/Modules/Installer.pm tries to access “../../Kernel/Config.pm” and should somehow access “/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm”

-          After making these changes the installer runs smoothly.

-          First Login using “root@localhost/root” fails with incorrect password !!!!!

-          Requesting a new password for “root@localhost” works fine, but after trying to login using the new password apache takes 99% of CPU and the index page does not arrive. After several minutes we need to restart httpd.  Under “/var/log/messages” I got:

…. OTRS-CGI-10[3900]: [Notice][Kernel::System::Auth::DB::Auth] User: root@localhost logged in (REMOTE_ADDR: …..

….. last message repeated 30 times

Any ideias on how to correct this ?

Thanks in advance