>Another interesting fact:
>When I call the installer.pl I get Kernel/Config.pm isn't writable.

ehh...i had the same problem.  i wasn't sure it was a bug or me doing
something wrong, so i didn't report it.  every time i got that error i would
open Config.pm in vi, :wq, and then retry installer.pl and it would work.
but i had to do that every single time.  i also tried chmod and chown to
give full privilages to Config.pm, but it never made a difference.  I really
have no idea why opening/closing the file worked, but it did.  dunno if that
helps.

Jon.