Hi Andreas,

> in OTRS I have the option to add a note to a ticket. I can
> decide, whether I want to add an internal or external note.
> When I use "external", then I would expext a mail to be sent
> out to the creator of the ticket (or optionally to a address,
> I fill in?), but no mail is sent. Do I have to configure some
> more options or did I misunderstand something?

I was confused about this myself a few days ago. However, if you think about
it logically, what would be the distinguishing factor between an external
note and an external e-mail? My guess is that this is used in a situation
when you want the customer to know you're attaching a note to their ticket
and are using the customer interface. I personally see no use for this
feature as it stands. I agree with you--if I were updating a ticket with
something a client could see, I'd want them to be notified via e-mail.

I don't make use of the customer interface at this point in time. I'm not
sure if there's an option to turn this off or alter the behavior, although
I'd be interested to know myself if there was.

Best wishes,
Paul