Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:10:28PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > 1.  I have 294 tickets in my Raw queue that I want to close.  My setup is
> > > still in testing so, I just wanna close em all.  Can I do that via the
> > > OTRS interface?  If not what do I need to update in the db to close them
> > > all correctly.
> >
> > Use the generic agent for that.
> >
> > -=> http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu-CVS/generic-agent.html
>
> Thanks for the reply, but how do I bring up the generic agent?

Use the "delete" example and cut&paste this into Kernel/GenericAgent.pm and
execute bin/GenericAgent.pl. Then remove the "delete" job from bin/GenericAgent.pl!!!

Examples:
http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu-CVS/generic-agent-example.html

> > > 2.  I have setup a lot of email address in the 'email addresses' section,
> > > but new tickets are not being put into the appropriate queue(s).  Any
> > > suggestions on how to debug this?
> >
> > It depends on your use PostMaster program. PostMaster.pl or PostMasterPOP3.pl?
>
> Could you please refresh my memory on how I tell which I am using.  I
> believe I am using PostMaster.pl.

http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu-CVS/receiving-email.html

  -=> PostMasterPOP3.pl (fetching of pop3 accounts - tcp ip connect).

  -=> PostMaster.pl (used with e.g procmail - pipe into STDIN).

I would debug the PostMaster.pl by changing the "To:"-Line in an example email
and the pipe this email through PostMaster.pl and check if the emails is
dispatched correctly.

shell> cat doc/test-email-1.box | bin/PostMaster.pl

> Drew

  Martin

--
Martin Edenhofer - <martin at edenhofer.de> - http://martin.edenhofer.de/