(sorry if this posted more than once - reconfiguring mailer...)

Some newbie questions...

Firstly, would you say that the following usage scenario is realistic?

1. New tickets arrive via email, phone or web (customer.pl) all into
their own 'incoming' queues or, say, the Raw queue.

2. Dispatch agent - in practice, this can be any of the team or a robot
- assigns tickets to team members' (agents') queues, or Spam queue.
Tickets should now be marked Open, and ownership goes to the agents.

3. An agent looks at his/her queue, maybe reassigns tickets to another
agent, fixes the problem (GOTO 5), or requests more info from the
Customer (mark Awaiting more info).

4. Customer supplies info, (GOTO 3).

5. Mark fixed problem ticket Closed, and maybe move it to a common
Archive queue.

Throughout, auto-priority escalation operates, Spam tickets auto-delete,
all agents' combined queues provide a super-view of the system.

More questions:

How is a ticket marked as not new? Surely a ticket is no longer new once
it's be seen by an agent?

The blinking queue keeps blinking, how to turn it off? I read on the
list that this is because a ticket has escalated in priority, but all my
tickets are Normal...

Why are some queues red?

What actions lock a message? can I make it possible to only manually
lock a ticket?

How is PersonalQueue useful?

Why is the default config set for some tickets to start in Raw and some
in Postmaster?

When might a ticket be reassigned to a different customer?

What do Pending Autoclose +, and Pending Autoclose -, and Pending
Reminder mean?

Sorry this is a long list of questions, I'm sure there will be more. The
manual gives a lot of detail on installation bu little on usage and
procedures.

Thanks in advance for the answers,

djw

Thanks for giving this your attention,