Hi,

we have been using OTRS 1.1.3 for about half a year now. When 1.2.1 was
released today (according to the changelogs fixing most of the issues we
have with OTRS), we installed it but are now encountering severe
problems.

Installation is done on a SuSE 9.0 installation (just an ordinary setup
with security updates installed) via "rcotrs stop; rcapache stop;
rcmysql stop; rpm -Uvh otrs-1.2.1-01.i386.rpm ; rcmysql start; rcapache
start; rcotrs start"

During installation the first bug is
        backup old (maybe not compatible) templates (of 1.1.3)
        mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
        Try `mv --help' for more information.
        mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
        Try `mv --help' for more information.

After logging in to the new version and trying to list some tickets
(e.g. by clicking on "You have 2 new message(s)!"), a 'Software error'
with details "Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/../../Kernel/System/Ticket/Article.pm line 793" is
returned (on subsequent tries: "Can't locate object method
"CharsetConvert" via package "Kernel::Language" at
/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/../../Kernel/Modules/AgentMailbox.pm line 214").

Going on trying to fix this (by restoring the backup or re-installing),
subsequent errors were that the tickets could be listed (including the
short preview on the text) but that when showing the contents every
single mail was empty. Afterwards some new/unanswered support tickets
were also lost and couldn't be recovered.

I've now reverted back to 1.1.3. Maybe I did something wrong when
updating but the link to the documentation on www.otrs.org where I hoped
to find some pointers on how to update is not working at all, either.

What would be the way to upgrade to the new version?

--
Daniel Seifert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>