On Monday, March 15, 2004 9:31 PM
Stefan Testa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Message: Can't get ArticleID from INSERT!
>  Message: Can't process email with MessageID
> I haven't heard anything from CS about missing mail, but I'm wondering
> if these messages are indeed lost. This error worries me greatly.

You will never hear a thing from CS, as they wouldn't have recognized at
all that they missed a thing. Those emails will most certainly have been
lost before they ever got a chance to reach an agent.

> Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

You do keep a backup before feeding anyhting into OTRS' PostMaster,
don't you? No? So you don't keep a backup at SMTP time at least, do you?
Well, then... difficult, to say it easy.

If you do have a complete mail backup at hands it should be easy to
strip out the (unique) message IDs and see if OTRS did miss one. This
will make it easier to find the cause.

Anyway, please file a bug report, providing the message remaining header
and body intact, if possible.

If none of the above applies, please try to reproduce the error in any
way and tell us.

hth,

Robert Kehl

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
         http://www.otrs.de/ :: Tel. +49 (0)6172 4832388