On Tuesday, May 25, 2004 5:00 PM
Andrej Bazovkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) it'll be better to have a possibility to store contact phone
> numbers for every customer user

Switch to LDAP and use the CustomerUser mappings:

    $Self->{CustomerUser} = {
[...]
    Map => [
        # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
        # var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type
        [ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname', 1, 1, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 1, 1, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'uid', 1, 1, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'mail', 0, 1, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserPhone', 'Phone', 'telephonenumber', 1, 0, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserAddress', 'Address', 'postaladdress', 1, 0, 'var' ],
        [ 'UserComment', 'Comment', 'description', 1, 0, 'var' ],
    ],
    };

You may map more and other attributes there, such as a 'room' or
'OfficeLocation'.

Btw, you need not necessarily switch to LDAP. There is a possibility to
use an outside SQL-driven database (even on another server) as basis.
Then you could add more attributes as wanted to that database without
spoiling the structure of the OTRS database.

> 2) As I know it is effective to use the customer_ID field as
> customer's organization identifier. May be it's possible to make
> separate table for organizations and so to make a customer_ID field
> on the customer properties page a combo-box with the list of stored
> organizations?

It were possible -eip-, though it is to be ranking low, I suppose.

> 3) Imagine such a situation: an agent gets a phone call from our
> customer which is not in DB yet (it's impossible to put all our
> customers to DB at one time). AFAIK an agent should put that customer
> to DB first, and besides all it's necessary to inquire his e-mail
> even if it never be used in future. What can you advice me to
> simplify this step (adding a customer to DB while he/she on the
> phone) and so to make it appreciably faster?

It's a simple advice: The customer need not be in the DB.

hth,

Robert Kehl

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
         http://www.otrs.de/ :: Tel. +49 (0)6172 4832388