Hi Sandy,

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:13:27PM -0600, Sandy Canfield wrote:
> We have just started using OTRS as our primary support tool.  Occasionally
> there are two tickets created for one request.  We have a cron job that runs
> every 5 minutes to pull the email off the POP3 account.  In the logs the
> same email gets downloaded twice, 5 minutes apart, so it appears that the
> email is not getting deleted properly after the first download.  This has
> happened even when there is only one email on the server. It seems that 5
> minutes is plenty of time to download one email (no large attachments).
>
> Has anybody else run into this, and if so did you find a solution?

Normally the pop3 mailbox should be locked (by mail server) if on client
is connected to the mailbox. So the next pop3 client (the second
 bin/PostMasterPOP3.pl) should get no messages til the first client
has finished.

Anyway, some mail server doesn't lock mailboxes and this problem
appears. In this case the bin/PostMasterPOP3.pl should not get
started two times by otrs. So it's an OTRS bug.

If you add this bug to http://bugs.otrs.org/ so it will be in the queue
and we will have a look on it.

Thanks for your help! :)

> Sandy

  Martin

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!