At 8/31/04 8:26 AM, Frederik Seiffert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes, that was me. Unfortunately, while the incoming message looks just
>fine, the reply sent with OTRS still looks awful. Have a look at the
>first and third external agent email.
>
>Is there any reason against wrap=soft in the input field? As I see it,
>this would fix the problem.

Hmmm. I was the one who suggested the new line wrap algorithm (it was
discussed on dev list), but I think I must not have made that part clear:
the algorithm can only work when the textarea field is NOT set to
wrap=hard.

With the algorithm, OTRS code handles all wrapping and the browser should
do none at all. So all the "wrap=" parts from the textareas in the HTML
templates should probably just be completely removed (unless there is
some weird browser that actually needs "wrap=soft"). When that's done,
the algorithm doesn't have this problem.

I haven't had a chance to install 1.3 beta yet; I should do so and go
over for it for problems. But in the meantime, Martin, I can say that
having "wrap=hard" in an HTML template will definitely break it....

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies      http://www.tigertech.net/

 "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
                                                           -- Darwin