Hello Mark,

Can you explain a little beat why do you need this feature?
I do agree with it and I also need it.
More over I think the OTRS 2 needs a better escalation system.
Lets take the scenario: there are two assistance departments, "first support
line" and "experts". There are situations when the first line should escalate
the ticket to the experts and there will be a discussion between these two
departments, mean while the communication with customer continues.

One way to escalate is to change the queue, but that way you can not
differentiate the "first line - experts"  discussion.

Any ideas ?
Daniel
---------

Mark> I realize we are quite close to the actual release of 2.0.

Mark> I have been running 2.0 beta for a couple of weeks now, and the
improvements
Mark> are great!

Mark> However, I have one minor feature request -- although it may turn out NOT
Mark> be all that minor.

Mark> We use a single email address for sending requests into the system
Mark> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Of course, each tech has their own (personal)
Mark> email account, which is the account set up in the webmail interface for
Mark> OTRS.

Mark> How about a way to, from the webmail interface of OTRS, forward a request
Mark> into the system as a new ticket, using the original sender's email address
Mark> for the ticket-information?
Mark> --
Mark> Mark J. Nernberg
Mark> Director of Technology
Mark> Downtown Help Desk
Mark> (412)478-6262 (cell)
Mark> (412)232-0710 (fax)
Mark> http://www.downtownhelpdesk.com

Mark> Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
Mark> Support oder Consulting für Ihr OTRS System?
=>> http://www.otrs.de/

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/