Hi Leonard,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 06:57:06PM +0200, Léonard Wauters wrote:
>We are currently massively using notification messages from OTRS (the
>ones that are set in Admin area / notifications). I found that the
>automatic sending different messages are controlled in these menus (tell
>me if I'm wrong) :
>
>Client:OwnerUpdate : In the Queue menu, setting "Customer OwnerNotify: "
>Client:QueueUpdate : In the Queue menu, setting "Customer Move Notify: "
>Client:StateUpdate : In the Queue menu, setting "Customer State Notify: "

Yes ;).

>Agent:AddNote : (?)

This drops a notification to specifyed agents if a note is created for a
ticket. For example all involved agents for a ticket can be notifyed.

>Agent:Escalation : (?)

This notification will be send out automaticly to agents, if a
ticket escalates and the agent has the queue with this ticket in "My
queues".

>Agent:FollowUp : In the user preferences, Follow up notification item
>Agent:LockTimeOut : In the user preferences, Ticket lock timeout
>notification item
>Agent:Move : In the user preferences, Move notification item
>Agent:NewTicket : In the user preferences, New ticket notification item

Yes, right ;).

>Agent:OwnerUpdate : In the Queue menu, setting "Customer OwnerNotify: "

No, this notification informs the agent and not the customer about a
owner update.

>Agent:PendingReminder : (?)

This notification is send out automaticly if the pending time has been
reached for a ticket.

>So, it seems that the same parameter (Queue menu, setting "Customer
>OwnerNotify") is used for notifying both clients and agents.

No :).

>But, in my case, I do not want clients to be notified of a OwnerUpdate.

Then you have to change this in the setting for the queue, where you not
want this notifications. Notifications for owner updates are queue
based.

Best regards,
Christian

--
((otrs)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!