I created my states and left defined them as open (which doesn't show up in the
field if I'm following you). I see pending and close in the menu selection (in
zoom). I think if I change them to a 'pending' state type I could then see them.

I wanted to have a state that let's the service desk know that the ticket hasn't
 had any action taken on them yet. The service desk will be the first to recieve
the calls then route them accordingly. I was under the impression that the flow
should have the tickets remain 'open' until someone takes ownership. Is a
'pending' state better?

I would appreciate some feedback on how other's work the states and such.

Thanks,

James

"User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <otrs@otrs.org>
wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> yes you can, at least  I can do it in my installation.
> What version do you use?
>
> While creating a new state you have to define the type: closed, pending, open,
new, merged, etc .
> Let's say you have new state: "wait for customer" (pending type). You will be
able to set this state into the Pending section and you do no need to contact
(send mail to) the customer.