From: Danie Theron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:53 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] Getting Email working in Windows

John D. Morris wrote:
Hi all.

I'm fairly new to OTRS, and am having a bit of a time getting emails to work. I have one queue (IT) with 4 subqueues (one for each tech). I would like to have an automated email dispatched to each tech whenever a ticket is entered into their subqueue. I do not want the customers to be receiving emails, however, as we use OTRS strictly for internal tracking.

Well , first of all you probably need to setup the SMTP relay , edit your Config.pm and add the following :

$Self->{'SendmailModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Email::SMTP';
$Self->{'SendmailModule::Host'} = 'ip.of.your.smtp.gateway';
$Self->{'SendmailModule::AuthUser'} = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
$Self->{'SendmailModule::AuthPassword'} = '';

You can then through the Admin interface setup each tech user and make sure 'Yes' is selected for 'New Ticket Notification'.The Tech can then in the "Preferences" setup his/her 'My Queues' to be notified on.
OTRS is installed on a workstation that is a domain member. Our email server is MS Exchange 2000. Can anyone give me a hand?

I assume this is your SMTP server as well , in that case see above , otherwise just use whatever SMTP gateway you use as 'Host'.Also just a note , if your Exchange server handles both POP3/IMAP , OTRS default setup is POP3 so all mails will be pulled from the server.What I did (and hopefully I won't get scorned for this :p) is to setup a 2nd account for OTRS (let's say main account is [EMAIL PROTECTED] , then create a 2nd for POP3 [EMAIL PROTECTED] and just fwd anything from tech1 to otrstech1).I know this sounds like a lot of work , but my paranoia creeped in and I decided to do it that way.

HTH

Daniel
Thanks in Advance,

John M.