Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Jason Turner
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. November 2005 02:50
An: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Betreff: Re: [otrs] Re: OTRS Badly Requires a Forum, Does It Not??

While fascinated by the responses that point out the elegant simplicity
of maintaining a mailing list over some sort of "board", I have to
second Steven's suggestion here that for certain types of info, a
forum(or something similar) seems like it would work better than the
mailing list and archives.  E.g., if I wanted to understand the history
around the current Stats reporter and how to extend it to create more
helpful reports, downloading the archive and searching through them
seems downright painful.  I'm guessing that such a crucial topic would
have been a well maintained thread in any forum and thus much easier to
parse over the years.

I could be wrong.

BTW, treocentral.com has pretty nice boards(as an example of forum
software I find helpful).  I understand most responses here would be,
"great knock yourself out and let us know".  Well, it might be a while,
and I'm still not sold on OTRS extensibility, but if I continue to use
this software in my work with multiple clients, I'll put some resources
where my mouth is...

;-)

--
jt