Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Richard Petty
Gesendet: Samstag, 31. Dezember 2005 01:16
An: otrs@otrs.org
Betreff: [otrs] OTSR Configuration Options

I'm evaluating OTSR to possible replacement of our current, in-house
developed ticket system. I've printed and bounds the docs, studied them,
and based on what I've read therein and in this mail list, I have some
concerns about the way OTSR works versus how we'd like it to work.

Our current ticket system does not maintain a user database; customer info
like names, department numbers, and telephone numbers are properties of
each trouble ticket. Several challenges arise from OTSR's management of
users but, as sophisticated as OTSR appears, there may be ways to make it
work for us.

First, everyone can authenticate to a corporate read-only LDAP database.
This works fine.

But is there a way to configure OTSR to auto-register customers when they
first authenticate, maybe loading the backend SQL user database with info
pulled from the LDAP authentication database?

We'd like our customers to be able to create their tickets using a web
interface and to be able to self-select the appropriate queue. Is this
possible?

--Richard

Austin, Texas