Hi Gordon

>From my understanding of Windows XP, if you don't have full Admin rights
on the local PC, you will have problems installing most software. Tasks
such as global registration, installation of new software applications,
and reconfiguring devices require administrative privileges on the local
XP PC. There might be 'hacks' around this - try googling.

BTW, I have successfully installed the Win pre-packaged binaries on a
Windows XP PC as a user with full admin rights - had no problems at all.

Good luck.
________________________________

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von
Gordon Pedersen
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006 16:02
An: otrs@otrs.org
Betreff: [otrs] Win install without admin privileges?

Has anyone successfully installed the Win pre-packaged binaries (OTRS /
perl / apache2 bundle) as a user who cannot get administrative rights on
the PC?

1.   This means, among other things, that I must put everything
somewhere under the "C:\Documents and Settings\" directory.  I tried to
get around the perl complaints about spaces in that path by using
"C:\Docume~1\" ; perl still complained about the special character
there, but may have installed okay second time around.

2.  Apache does not seem to run (the http://localhost/otrs/installer.pl
gave a "
The page cannot be displayed

" message).  during the course of installation.

3.   And my lack of admin privilege may have effects that I do not
really understand on my ability to update the registry.  Is this true?
I know little about how Windows XP imposes controls in this area.

---
Gordon Pedersen                                           763-732-6526
UBH EDI                                                           Golden
Valley,  MN