Would tend agree with Nils view. Using addresses for specific classes of
incoming message to automatically place those messages in class related
queue is a very flexible approach and there is more than one way to
implement this for otrs.

The simplest would to create virtual addresses for the otrs account and
configure otrs to associate queues with addresses. More complex checks can
be implemented using procmail (e.g. Subject or body text pattern
matching).

Of course people will send to an inappropriate address that will have to
be corrected by the agent, but this approach reduces the need of agent to
set priorities for incoming requests and allow for the proper use of
priorities to handle call escalation.

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) said:
> Alexander Scholler wrote:
>
>> I think that the current OTRS-implementation lacks the distinction of
incoming requests. Is it a
>> * incident
>> * service-request, especially
>>  - change request
>>  - request for information or education
>> (* problem)
>> (We currently bypass this missing feature by using priorities like
>>  1 - request for info, 2 - rfc/low, 3 - rfc/high,
>>  4 - incident/low, 5 - incident/normal. 6 - incident/high)
>
> I don't think OTRS is lacking anything in this respect. Just create
different mail adresses for your different types of requests (who says
everyone has the same types you would use?) and put the incoming tickets
in different queues depending on to which mail address they were sent. You
could add priorities to the mix, but I'd start by using separate queues.
Since everyone will have a different setup there isn't any default queue
setup that differentiates between
> queues, but just a single queue. Just remember that OTRS is used by more
people than just people that run a business that is like the one you run.