Hi Duarte Cordeiro

> We have a 10000 customer base, 200 distinct locations (buildings), 150 system users (technical staff), a front office (5 members), interact with 5 different companies that use our OTRS installation.

thank you for posting your experience with your really big otrs-installation - very interesting.

2) Distinguish front office creating a ticket, and front office working on a ticket. Its
still difficult to find out. Because when I create a phone ticket, my user
"works" on the ticket. I needed another user level... I think (for example, I
can't use escalation, because our frontend team needs to have access RW to every queue,
but some tickets can't be solved by us, and if a ticket escalates and we can't solve it,
just messes up with everyone).

I don't know if I got you right on this point: you can't use escalation because other non-escalated tickets would be hidden? That's the default setup, but you can use Ticket::Frontend::NoEscalationGroup to disable the escalation-view for a group of agents.

3) the customer front end is too complex (believe me) to be used by our
customers.

I really believe you!

We're planning to change to a NNM solution but I think OTRS is in the correct
path. Talking about customer users, I don't know where the developers are
aiming to, but if they intend to have a large audience, think that we can't
tell users that they need to choose a email, a queue, or something different
than [EMAIL PROTECTED] to get their request going.

What are the reasons for changing. The missing features you mentioned?

Bye, Alex