Hello again Nils / all,

It seems that I can get the greek chars to work by installing mysql 5.x
from source specifying all the character sets.
..
 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=all
..

I will have to nail down the specific set when I have time..

I also removed the references that were specifying character sets in the
/etc/my.cnf file
I then recreated the otrs db w/o using any character set option

Finally, I made sure that iso-8859-7 is entered in

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.con
..
AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-7
..

And

In /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm
$Self->{'DefaultCharset'} = 'iso-8859-7';
..

So far, so good...If anyone has run into similar problems please let
me/everyone know.

Stelios