[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I would just like to try one more time to see if anyone has any true solution to this issue beyond suggesting that I read the doc, which I've done at least three times before ever posting here.

Emails are working on my OTRS 1.3 installation. Customers are receiving emails when the status of their ticket changes. Admins receive emails when a new ticket arrives. The ONLY thing that doesn't work is auto-response emails to customers telling them that a new ticket has been created when they send in a trouble report by email.

Thank you again for any potential help with this.

I have never used 1.3, I started with a 2.0 beta release and I'm currently running 2.1.4. Always worked fine. What is the reason you're installing the old 1.3 release? Though I agree it should work as advertised on 1.3.

Nils Breunese.