Dear OTRS users and admins,

may I ask you for some suggestion please. We have a FreeBSD-6.2 system
(2*Xeon, 6Gb RAM, PAE mode) which is running MySQL 5.0.something, Apache
1.3.fairly-recent, and an OTRS TT system (see http://otrs.org) of revision
2.0.*  We are mostly happy with OTRS - it is a really great TT system, a
real commercial grade product, it worth attention in any case. There are
about 100-150 users working with the system in parallel. Unfortunately, we
don't have any Perl/Apache/MySQL guru in staff at the moment, we all are not
programmers (and didn't need to be, really, until now).

System is running for year now, with no serious problems until last Friday.
Than strange things started happening: client connections hang, fails, and
in apache logs i see that:

[Mon Jun  4 12:14:44 2007] index.pl: DBI
connect('database=otrs;host=localhost;','otrs',...) failed: Too many
connections at /home/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/../../Kernel/System/DB.pm line 191

or occasionally the same but at line 168. Those are just plain simple
"connect" statements, nothing unusual.

There are no limits on connections with our MySQL installation that I'm
aware of. I checked the docs, no mention of connection limit for MySQL. I
just doubled all the memory buffers and other constants in my.cnf - it seems
to help but not to cure the problem.

Ok I thought and started to look for some limit on connections in
DBD::mysql. Also didn't find any. Now I am stuck: what limit are we hitting
now? Where is it located? We need to bump it up twice and the system will
work flawlessly as usual.

Would you please mind providing me some help or suggestion on what is the
limit and where to change it?

Thanks a lot in advanse!

p.s. And yet another 2 questions: if we decide to move to OTRS 2.2 (now
beta), will we get a migration tool to import all the current ticket
database? And will 2.2 work in Ukrainian or in Russian for us? Thank you!

WBR,
Andrew Stesin