From: Torsten Thau [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 3:20 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] newbie question about Time Accounting

Hi Alan,

 > Clicked on TimeAccounting, get Edit Time Account Preference.
>
> Added two Actions, Start and Stop, (not quite sure the Action is for, so
> I figured I play a little.
>
> Clicked on the User and clicked submit.
>
> But I not see anything really happing.
>
> Under the ProjectSetting, I added a project called Reports
>
> I’m just not seeing where this module is working.  Any, and I do mean
> any help would be so helpful.

So the user who's supposed to use the time_accounting does have a valid
time_accounting entry (current date is between start date and end date)
 and has at least ro-access to the time_accounting group?

These are the steps to get the time_accounting running:

(1) assign access rights of group time_accounting to users

(2) create actions - these are short descriptions of what may be done in
a project, like "support", "development", "meeting" etc.

(3) create user settings for each user who should use time_accounting:
    => select the user in the drop-down list an hit "New"
    => configure the user entry (start-/end-date, leave days, weekly
       working hours, validity, overtime from a recent time account

(4) create projects (name, description and validity)

Now the user should see the time-accounting module in her/his navigation
bar and be able to record his work.

Just in case there is a bug - which OTRS-version and DB do you use?

regards, Torsten Thau

- --
Torsten Thau, Dipl. Inform.
c.a.p.e. IT Labs GbR - Annaberger Str. 240 - D-09125 Chemnitz
phone: +49 371 5347 623
cell: +49 176 66 680 680
personal pgp-key: 0x93E0A174
fax: +49 371 5347 625