Hello everyone,

This issue may be better served by the mysql community but I thought I'd
start with the OTRS community first.

I am trying to move our OTRS database from a Linux based client to a Sun
Solaris server.

The client is running MySql version 3.2.3 and OTRS 1.2.3 and Apache
1.3.x.

The server is running MySql version 5.0.45, OTRS 2.2.6 and Apache 2.2.6

My intent was to get a good backup of the OTRS database from the client,
then import it into MySql on the server and run the myriad upgrades
needed to bring the database up to version 2.2.6.

I ran the following command on the client:

mysqlhotcopy  otrs  /pathname/otrs.sql

I used mysqlhotcopy because I was running into space issues when I tried
using mysqldump.

I got a clean otrs.sql file with no errors.

I then took the file to the server and ran the following command:

mysql  -p  otrs  <  otrs.sql

The job ran for a while and then ended with the following nysql error:

ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 429990: Duplicate column name 'group_id'

I used phpmyadmin to discover that OTRS tables had been created up to
the "theme" table.  The import job croaked when trying to create the
"ticket" table.

The otrs.sql file is 3.5 GB in size.  I have not found a way to edit it
(nor do I know if that is desirable).

I would really like to use the backup I created but don't know how to
get past the mysql error.

I would be grateful for any advice the OTRS community might have.  Don't
hesitate to tell me to go bug the mysql folks!

Thanks in advance,

David Buice
ITIL Foundations Certified
EDS - PSIC