Wim Beerten wrote:

We’ve been asked to implement a way to automatically create tickets
for reoccurring yearly/monthly jobs in OTRS for our ordnance corps.

My first thought was to use the calendar module in OTRS to have a
yearly/monthly event created for which the system could create a
ticket and place it In a ticket queue. However I can’t seem to find
a way to link a ticket to an event.

Is there a way to trigger a ticket creation after a certain event
has occurred in the calendar in OTRS or is there another way how I
could implement this in OTRS?

I have no experience with the calendar in OTRS, but it sounds like I
would just setup a couple of cron jobs to send mails to OTRS.

Nils Breunese.