Tik webteam/supportteam: CC ter informatie ivm probleem OTRS met merged
tickets. Workaround: zet status op "Samengevoegd" via bulk-actie.

[message order changed for easier reading]

On Wed, January 7, 2009 18:09, Obee, Daniel wrote:
> Obviously that's not an OTRS thing. It seems someone in your company by
> accident changed the state of the merged tickets to 'new' - most probably
> by a faulty generic agent. Merged tickets should have the state (guess
> what) 'merged'.
>
> The only solution is to re-change the state of the tickets. You could use
> a (thoroughly created) generic agent, search for the subject 'ticket
> merged' and change the state to merged again. Also check if there's some
> dubious agent running on a regular basis which does the state changes
> (history of the tickets will show you) - I'd place a good bet on that...
>
> Have fun!
> daniel

Hello Daniel,

By accident I found a workaround that I can live with.
After merging tickets, a placeholder ticket remains with only the text
"... merged to ..." and a link to the other ticket (as I reported
previously).
In the queue, I select this for bulk action, and then I manually set its
status to Merged. After confirming, the placeholder ticket is no longer
visible in the queue.
I found that this only works with bulk action, which is not really a
problem, because most of the time I merge more than one ticket into
another ticket.

When I combine my findings with what you have written in your mail, I've
come to the conclusion that you are probably right.
Because merging tickets doesn't happen often in our small installation, I
won't bother with writing an agent, I'll just do it manually for the very
few times that I need it. And I don't see myself capable of writing "a
(thoroughly created) generic agent", with my limited experience with OTRS
and with Perl development in general. :-)

Anyway, thank you very much for nudging me in the right direction!

Kind regards,
Amedee Van Gasse